So I thought I’d keep you a little bit updated on my work on my Chaos Warhound Titan. This is what I got so far. The entire torso, along with the weapon mounts, weapons and interior, has been painted with Leadbelcher, the top armour has been washed with Nuln Oil (still need to do the rest). The top armour, cockpit cover and the Leg guards are done. What I did:
* Painted the armour with Leadbelcher,
* Washed with Nuln Oil
* Painted Trim with 2 layers of Gehenna’s Gold (to make it a nice, even colour,
* Washed trim with Agrax Earthshade
* Washed damage effects with Agrax Earthshade and Nuln Oil, then carefully painting the details within with Bubonic Brown, finally washing it again with Agrax Earthshade.
* Added rust effects using, in order: Typhus Corrosion, Ryza Rust, Agrax Earthshade, AK Interactive’s Rust Effects.
* Drybrushed golden trim with Bleached Bone (yeah, found an old pot of it)
* Put a fair amount of Nul Oil wash into the air vents.
For the typical Iron Warriors Hazard Stripes, I used (in order of usage):
* Basecoat with a light-grey spraypaint,
* Paint armour yellow with 3-4 layers of Flashgitz Yellow
* put Lamenters Yellow Glaze on it (3-4 layers to make it nice and even)
* Black stripes done with the old Abbadon Black basecoat paint
* Stippling Yellow with Ak Interactive’s Rust Effects, when dryb, stipping with Leadbelcher, finally covering it again with a stipping of Rust Effects, to give it a rust and damage effect.
* Add rust effects around damaged areas (see armour rust effects for details)
* Trim painted in Gehenna’s Gold, washed with Agrax Earthshade,with drybrush of Bleached Bone, like above.
For the bone sections I used this (in order of painting)
* Painted bone sections with Zandri Dust,
* Washed with Seraphim Sepia,
* Drybrushed with Karak Stone
So that’s what I got so far. Hopefully tonight, I will be continueing on the main torso, finish washing it, adding the Gehenna’s Gold on the trims and wash that with Agrax Earthshade. I’m thinking about either putting a drybrushed layer of Mephiston Red on the armour parts of the guns, or the black/yellow hazard stripes. Still not sure
For the Bone Spires coming frum the main hull, I will be using the same steps as used on the Bone Sections on the cockpit and back section but adding a drybrush of Ushabti bone, just to add a little more detail and making it a nice transition from dark to light as it goes further up from the armour
Hopefully you will find this helpful if you are thinking about painting your Iron Warriors models.
I’ll keep you guys updated somewhere in the following days on how this project is going.